Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Jamaican Jerked Red Beans & Sweet Potatoes

Jamaican Jerked Red Beans & Sweet Potatoes
I keep my recipes real simple (KISS). 2 lbs of dry small red beans (I like Dominican Reds) cooked to perfection in the crock-pot, 1 bag of onions (diced and sautéed with garlic), 5 sweet potatoes (diced into 1/2" cubes), 1 bag of spinach (chopped fine) and 1 10 oz. jar of Walkerswood Jerk Seasoning (Hot & Spicy). Combine in a very, very large pot (except the beans), add water to about an 1 inch above everything in the pot and simmer until the sweet potatoes are perfect. Then add the beans. Serve over Quinoa (KEEN-WA), brown rice or even a salad (instead of salad dressing). The Scotch Bonnet Peppers in the Walkerswood really heats things up so there is no need to add diced hot peppers. This is my lunch for the week and I freeze what‘s leftover. Add water to make it a soup. ¼ ingredients for a family meal

No comments:

Post a Comment